Tuesday, April 10, 2007

trying to figure this out!

I'm not sure how I plan to keep up with this blogging "thing" LOL, or figure out how to even do it for that matter, but I want to try. Im not exactly the best at figuring out new things on the computer ;) I know I enjoy reading my friends' blogs though.....so here it goes!

Ten things I thought I'd never do:

1. Move back to Wisconsin. I have a husband from Miami, and I am a person that is always cold. I never thought it would happen, but it's the best decision we ever made.

2. become somewhat conservative. I was raised in a pretty liberal household and was even moreso in college. I find myself with more conservative views about most things than ever before. It suprises me, but I am who I am ;)

3. breastfeed past a year. Truthfully, I don't really want to be, but my child spits out her pacifier and dive-bombs my chest, which frankly I am shocked she can even TELL are boobs, as they have shrunk even more. What's a mom to do?

4. build a house. Our home will be done in 6 weeks and 3 days, but who's counting? It has been an amazingly exciting, annoyingly tedious process. I just want another freakin bedroom for the kids at this point. I don't care about the width of the baseboards, the style of the outlet covers or the sconces pointing up or down. I mean, I really do.....but right now I don't.

5. live through my husband's residency ;) I would never have thought that it could take someone ELEVEN years after undergrad before getting a 'real" job. He loves what he does even when he has to do it at 2 am sometimes. I guess not much can compare to that feeling of loving your career. It is certainly something to be thankful for, that's for sure.

6. be able to say with complete and total decisiveness that I am done having kids. I have nothing left in me for another infant. I would love it if I did, but my body, mind and being would revolt if I were to have another. I just don't have it in me.

7. trust a man. This is a can of worms I am too tired to open right now.

8. love to cook. I really like to experiment with cooking these days. Now, if I could just get my kids to eat something I make ;)

9. have an IUD. Birth control options for women suck. I don't love that my body is home to a Mirena, but its the least of all evils.

10. love my life so much. I am content....even with all the complaining I find myself doing sometimes. Each and every second, I know how blessed I am.

No comments: