Sunday, January 13, 2008

wow, it has been a long time

it has been a very rough few months for me, and things have gotten in the way of my time to sit, stop the world a bit (or at least wait until the world is a bit more quiet) and connect with myself. I miss me. My mind has been preoccupied in every moment and it's exhausting. I am working hard to re-gain the peace I once felt within myself and my family. The peace that really allowed me to enjoy and delight in the little things that are really the big things. The peace that made my home and family the safe and comfortable place that my soul desires and takes nourishment from.

2007 has taught me a lot. It has taught me it is not a year that I want to repeat. It has taught me that sometimes no matter how hard we try to prevent it, those times in our lives will happen. It has taught me that even when they do happen, there is still an occasional daisy in the field of weeds. It has taught me to seek out that daisy and not to lose sight of it. Sometimes you have to look very hard for the daisy, and even put every ounce of your effort into keeping it thriving amongst those weeds, but it will if you don't give up on it.

2007 has also left a lot of questions unanswered for me. As I move through this delicate balance of life, I have finally accepted that, and accepted that I won't always know how a story is going to turn out in the end. There is a lot of noise and haste in the world, and I am doing my best to leave it behind.

No comments: